First Choice for Retail
- 1st Whole Foods in the region
- 1st Target urban concept
- 1st Trader Joe’s in the region (also one of the top performing in the US)
- 1st Home Depot urban concept
- 1st Performance Bicycle in the region
- 1st Great Harvest Bread Bakery in the state
First Choice for Residential
- Over 1,500 newly created apartment units already developed or being built
- 1st choice of hip boutique hotel brands: ACE Hotel and Hotel Indigo, 5 new hotels in all
- Close to the university district (Carnegie Mellon, Pitt and Chatham have shuttles constantly operating within the neighborhood)
First Choice for Office Space
- 1st home for Google in the region
- 6 development projects currently underway
- Combination of historic structure rehab and sustainable new construction techniques
- 1 mil. plus sq. ft. for new businesses and startups in the past 5 years
East Liberty is Arts and Culture
East Liberty is home to innovative producers of arts, culture, and technology. It’s an eclectic, lively group that gives the neighborhood more energy!
Organizations such as the Kelly Strayhorn Theater offer a wide range of diverse, engaging programs, ensuring that the arts have a presence in the area. East Liberty’s close proximity to Garfield and it’s Penn Avenue Arts Initiative affords residents the convenient opportunity to gather, view, create and exhibit art in a strip of studios and galleries including BOOM Concepts, Assemble, Most Wanted Fine Art, and the Pittsburgh Glass Center.
With creative coworking spaces like The Beauty Shoppe, TechShop, and Cube, as well as startup accelerators such as Thrill Mill and AlphaLab, East Liberty not only embraces technology, it thrives on it!